Votes: 8 27.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new PC and have 2 firewalls at home.....Sygate Personal Pro and Zonealarm Pro.

WHat is the favourite among you guys taking into consideration, resource hogging versus protection.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi everyone!
My vote also goes to ZoneAlarm :D
Using the free version. :D

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Since Symantec recently acquired Sygate, it won't be long before they ruin that product just like everything else they have gobbled up (Norton, Partition Magic, @guard, SecurityFocus, etc., etc., freakin etc.).

I reluctantly would have to say ZoneAlarm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I thought I remember reading somewhere that they were discontinuing sygate personal firewall as well..
That sucks cause I prefer that over zone alarm... Im not really to fond of zone alarm... i've hosed a few computer's os's usng zone alarm... zone alarm is the only program i've ever used that completly ruined a computers ability to conect to a network... even after uninstalling it, removing the network card, reinstalling the network card, and resetting the tcp/ip stack in windows... I've had stuff hose the networking capability in windows before, but usually resetting the tcp/ip stack fixes that... I couldn't believe all that **** I did and it still wouldn't work.... the damn computer still couldn't connect to anything, couldn't even ping itself...but as soon as I reinstall windows... everything is A-OK..
I've had zone alarm do that to about 3-4 computers.. so I avoid that program like the plague... Some computers it works fine on, some computers it just ruins network connectivity permanantly upon installation...

·
Registered
111 Posts
ZA...I have ZA Pro and as long as you don't change to the lastest updated version, no problems. Anything beats Norton as they are totally resource hogs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sygate or Zone Alarm

I was disappointed that Symantec purchased Sygate. I liked Sygate. I will switch to Zonealarm though I read that Tiny Firewall isn't that bad either.

Raiderfan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.