Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have an unusual problem, since I have been searching internet for a good solution and nothing works.
Let me start out by giving computer PC Specs.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
Aorus Pro wifi 570X Motherboard
64gigs Ram
1 Terabyte SSD Main drive swapable So I can go from win10, to win 11
16 Terabyte Hard Drive for apps
GPU 3080 GTX
Verizon Fios 1gig up and down
Okay my problem is YouTube buffering very slow on this PC. Works great on every other computer and device in my home.
Tried the most common solutions I could find on internet to fix this problem,
1.Turning on and off Hardware Excelleration.
2.Cleaning Cache up
3.Using different browsers. Even Portable app browsers.
The internet speed test are coming up fast and pages load fast, but YouTube keeps buffering or is grainy sometimes it catches up and clears up. (Clearly not running like it should.)
Tried Switching to a fresh Operating system and still same results. (Windows 10 latest updates, Windows 11 older but fresh install, Windows 11 latest updates.)
Hooked up directly to router with Ethernet cable and even tried switching that cable.
If anyone can think of anything I can do, please let me know.
Thank you Jimmy

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,547 Posts
Try Safe Mode. If that works, find the app that's interfering.

·
33,547 Posts
How about selecting a different resolution? Even the monitor itself could be the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I tried a complete reset of the windows 11 operating system. Still does it. I am convinced it’s something withe the computer or bios. This is not effecting any other device on my network and I have plenty. What is my next step? Thank you for all the help.
jimmy

·
33,547 Posts
Did you run the scan? Also, if you're running an adblocker, disable it to see what happens.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I can rarely play the highest-resolution videos on YouTube in full-screen mode without them stopping to buffer. That's why I play them in Theater Mode.

This is a common problem on a platform with more than five billion videos being streamed every day.

There may be some things you can do to improve your experience though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have many other devices in my home Xbox, Nvidia shield, Roku, PCs, Iphones and Smart tvs to name a few. None of them are acting like this.
And none have this kind of hardware. I am not sure what is wrong with the PC but it may be the hardware?

·
33,547 Posts
Exact power and model of your PSU? It's the one piece of hardware you didn't mention. Also, if you're overclocking, try cutting back a bit.

·
33,547 Posts
Can't comment on a process I've never tried. What about the overclocking question?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also Tried that YouTube video. But that did not help. I'm really confused what could cause this?
There must be someone out there that has this same problem and figured it out?
Thanks for all your help.
Jimmy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Something that wasn't tried earlier. My fault :rolleyes: Was the built in Wifi. My friend John Suggested that. Low and behold the wifi works fine no buffering or stuttering unless of course you go up to 4k content. And that is still better than Ethernet connection. What still doesn't make sense is the speed test on the Ethernet connection are faster. There must be something we are missing.
Anyone? Next thing to do is buy a 1gig Ethernet adapter see what that does.

·
33,547 Posts
Since this is the case, then look at your Ethernet Network Adapter(s) in your Device Manager and under Properties & Power Management, uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts