Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the pop up that states my computer is infected.
It has a yellow triange with and "!" in the middle. It pops up every 5-10 seconds. It is in my lower startup bar.

there is also a a grey shield in the same lower bar that will pop up from time to time and start scanning my files.

Thank you,
Carol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,790 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Note that we need a more comprehensive set of logs in order to analyze your system.

Please post the DSS log called main.txt that should be located at:

C:\Deckard\System Scanner\main.txt

·
Premium Member
29,790 Posts
Hello Carol1972.

Please save this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please do not attach logs unless requested by a helper. Post the whole log in your reply. Thanks.

Please explain why your antivirus program is disabled:

AV: Norton Internet Security 2006 v2006 (Symantec Corporation) Disabled

Please visit this webpage for instructions on downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery(repair) mode, if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Follow the prompts to install the Recovery Console. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

Once the Recovery Console is installed, this blue window will appear:

Please continue as follows:

• Close/disable all antivirus and antispyware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Get help here
  • Please click Yes to continue scanning for malware.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a log for you.

Please post that log, ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleansing the system.

Open HijackThis and click on 'Do a System Scan and Save a Logfile'. Save the logfile and post it here.

Please post the following in your next reply:

C:\ComboFix.txt
new HijackThis log

If you have any questions along the way...STOP and ask them before proceeding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.