Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I've been looking on several forums to find an answer to solve my problem, but couldn't find anything, so here it comes.

I am having a big problem with saving files on my computer. When I try to save anything (.doc, .avi, .mp3, .sav and so on) to my C: Harddisk (which is internal, not external) there is a message which says: "you do not have permission to save in this directory, contact the administrator to obtain permission, and I am then asked if I want to save it in "My documents" instead. However, I am the only user on this computer, and I am administrator. And it's a harddisk ón my computer. Shouldn't I be able to just save files there?

by the way, I can save files on my desktop and in my documents. i can also transfer files from there to the C: harddisk, although I have to authorize those actions. But I can't save them from the programme I'm working with.

Another, totally different problem is as follows. In my control panel, certain buttons dont work. for example, i cant click: "delete a programme", but have to click "programmes" >> "programmes and other parts"(not sure, my pc is in a different language). The button "delete a programme" simply doesn't work.

finally, a third problem. i can practically always work my way around it, but sometimes when I want to install a programme, I get the message: "unable to initialize installer GUI". I don't know what to do about it, and I can't find that either.

I hope you guys can help me out. I'd really appreciate that!

Regards, Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I try to save files from the net I get a message You do not have permission to save in this directory. and asks if I want to save it in My documents instead. I respont yes but when I try to save the same file in my documents I get the same message - You do not have permission to save in this directory.

·
Registered
24 Posts
First question is do you have administrator account on that PC or is it limited?

If it's not than you need to let admin know this issue and he/she will switch mode to administrator.

If it is a admin account than go to your c: drive and right click on users and properties > security tab > advance > owner> and from there click on add and put your username and click on check name or press enter.

Than you will see your username and the permissions at the bottom and click on full control and click apply and ok. Than try saving and see if it gives you any permission issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.