Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this computer last year and it has been this way since I got it, but I finally wanna try to figure out what is going on.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro (1370) with a Samsung 840 Evo SSD installed. It is running Windows 10.

From cold boot, it takes anywhere from 4-10 minutes to boot. Almost all of this time is spent with the Lenovo "boot splash screen" and the Windows 10 loading circle spinning. About 10 seconds before everything "boots" to my Windows log in, the screen flickers black. I know once it does this I have about 10 seconds to go.

I assumed there was something wrong with my Windows install, so two days ago I backed everything up and did a fresh Windows 10 Home install... I thought that would do it, but nope, still happening.

I attempted a BIOS update and a BIOS downgrade (a6cn58ww and a6cn56ww) and neither changed anything. I fiddled around with various BIOS settings too and nothing changed.

Is this an SSD problem? Or something else? My desktop has a similar SSD and it boots in about 12 seconds.

·
Premium Member
41,823 Posts
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Boot tab, make sure Fast Boot/Secure Boot and UEFI Bios are enabled, make sure the SSD is the First Boot Device. Go to Hard Drive mode and make sure it is set to AHCI, Save and Exit
Download Samsung Magician see if there is a Firmware Update to the drive, and that TRIM is enabled. You can also download Crystal Disk Info to give you more info on your SSD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Boot tab, make sure Fast Boot/Secure Boot and UEFI Bios are enabled, make sure the SSD is the First Boot Device. Go to Hard Drive mode and make sure it is set to AHCI, Save and Exit
Download Samsung Magician see if there is a Firmware Update to the drive, and that TRIM is enabled. You can also download Crystal Disk Info to give you more info on your SSD.
Alright, checked all those settings and they looked right.
I tried to use Samsung Magician, and it said my drive wasn't supported.
I ran the Lenovo SSD Firmware update tool, it said my firmware was up to date.

I ran Crystal Disk Info and this is what it shows.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Premium Member
41,823 Posts
Well the SSD is in great shape, that is not your problem.
Try running a Clean Boot. If that works, add one startup item or service and reboot each time until the computer doesn't boot quickly, then you will know the problematic program.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the SSD is in great shape, that is not your problem.
Try running a Clean Boot. If that works, add one startup item or service and reboot each time until the computer doesn't boot quickly, then you will know the problematic program.
Didn't change anything - Disable everything as instructed and no change. I'm so lost. Should I try a user friendly Linux distro?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.