Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys... I have a question.. it's not important My boss just wanted some help, and I don't use XP. Sometimes his computer just restarts for no reason.. it's usually cause he clicked on a link on the web. I wasn't sure cause I don't use XP but isn't there a setting for that I need to do this in like dumbass terms cause he got his job before degrees were required he just showed up and kissed a little *** and got the job.

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
I would have him check his power managment setting to see if there is an automatic shut off function and if it is checked.

P.S. On a side not what does it matter how he got his job. I dont mean to be rude just curious

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It bugs me that he is practically computer illiterate, as well as literarily illiterate, he makes a good $30K more than me and just walked into his job and makes the people under him do all of his work and he takes the credit for it I guess it doesn't really matter to you guys, but it bugs the hell outta me! I felt like I should share. Basically i was sayin don't rush its no biggie and givin you a reason why.

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
Just curious thanks for the info. I have had some bosses like that but my current one was in my posistion and really knows his stuff and alot fo the things he would perfer to do him self

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
:coffee:

I guess it doesn't really matter to you guys, but it bugs the hell outta me! I felt like I should share.
I care........ I do really :)

Seriously though, sounds like you have bad management where your at it, it most likely effects everyones performance and moral, and with this comes productivity drops, it will more than likely be noticed eventually by his higher ups....that is unless it's just you that's bitter :)

Anyway now that I'm done insulting you :) Ill try to be of a little help, have him do a system scan for viruses, and also how is he connected to the internet? (Proxy, Router, Direct Connect)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It serioously maybe that the power manageent is set to reboot on error, and I can personally vouch that "Mr. X" is a total D***

Don't wanna put his real name cuz you never know when the illiterate ******* might pop in since he is logging your internet stuff from work still.... right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to follow your advice Jim but I kinda lied on my profile I'm not a system admin I'm an assistant sys admin apparently Corporate couldn't deal with a 20 year old sys admin. Basically how this all relates is that part of my job is covering his ***. He broke his computer went on a golf vacation and left the damn thing for me to fix. Only thing I can say is that the pay is great and since I do all the work here he make sure my bonuses make my wallet bulge. No $hit I couldn't close my wallet last X-mas ;) so he's not all bad. Part of my job is making sure the higher ups don't notice that he's a failure and the morale thing is actually pretty high since the pay is too. It was the power management the funny this was that I changed it to not do that 1 week before and now it's back so either numb nuts himself did it or I need to do some reg surfin. Thanx for the help though guys! I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
hmm... I'm a systems admin and I just went on a Golf vacation......:( You don't work in the Dallas area do you?? ...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
No... he's in Vegas... I understand the humor... personally I think my good buddy Jon went AWOL too... I'll give him a call on the 4th and see what's up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.