Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I bought a 150g Maxtor DiamondMax20 S-ATA Harddrive a few months ago, and the registry hive corrupted on the windows installed on it, I am currently on another harddrive i had laying around.

The problem I am having is the BIOS recognizes it when I boot up, but when I go into Windows Setup it tells me no harddrive is detected. I have a CD of drivers that came with my harddrive, but theres like 20 different drivers and i have absolutely no clue which driver to use.

My mobo is an Asus A8S-X, and it has S-ATA plugs built onto it, but it will not work, the HD also came with a card, and same deal, cannot get it to work. It was working fine a few months ago until my registry corruption.

Any ideas what I can do to get my HD to work?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,258 Posts
The drivers should be on the disc that came with the MOtherboard . . not the hard drive. If not, you should be able to download them from the Motherboard manufacturers support site.

There is an alternative for some boards . . Go into the bios and check the "sata operation" setting, change it to "Raid Autodetect/ATA " if it is not already. Now try to install XP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm ill try that, but i remember when i first built this computer, i had problems with the thing before trying to get it to detect the harddrive like its doing now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.