Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

For the longest time now, there has been a yellow exclamation point next to one of my network adapters in Device Manger. It is the Intel PRO /100 VE Network Connection - MWL Filter Miniport. When I double click on it, it says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver." So I click Reinstall Driver, choose the "Install the software automatically (Recommended)" option, click next, and then I get a window that says "Cannot Install this Hardware...A service installation section in this INF is invalid." How do I fix this? Thanks.

-Tom

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used McAfee about a year or so ago but I uninstalled it and am now using another antivirus. I have tried to download a driver for it through a google search but all the download links lead my to the general McAfee download site. I searched for "MWL Filter Miniport" in the McAfee search bar, but nothing comes up. As for uninstalling it, when I try to, a popup says "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer." This is a tough problem that I can't seem to find an answer to.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.