Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a problem switching from the yahoo browser to internet explorer. Whenever i click on a webpage using the yahoo browser, internet explorer pops up but it says cannot find server.

I would like to use internet explorer as the default, but when I run IE, it cannot connect to the internet with using yahoo browser.

I would like to make IE my default browser and drop Yahoo browser as my default.

Can you help me.

pls. I appreciate all the help I can get.

thank you.

:wave:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yahoo has their own browser? I don't recall one, where have I been?
I meant the ATT SBC/YAHOO Browser. Last time I removed the yahoo browser, I couldn't get to the internet without it. And clicking IE6 gives me an error of "Cannot find the server".

Does anyone know how to switch to IE6 from here?

I would appreciate it .

thanks.

bye!:smile:

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
hello ,

i may be wrong but that version of sbc is designed for yahoo configuaration browser only !!!

i will check on it to make sure

but they do have the IE 7 configuared for yahoo you might need to do a upgrade and updates to get it ???

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
long shot - click on files and see if work offline is selected.

did you try another browser like firefox to see if you can get online? This will help determine if its a msie problem or something else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
long shot - click on files and see if work offline is selected.

did you try another browser like firefox to see if you can get online? This will help determine if its a msie problem or something else.
I did. I have mozilla firefox on my computer. I click on my internet explorer or mozilla firefox and nothing happens. Only an empty browser without an internet connection showing an error of page cannot be displayed.

Also, when I close my sbc/yahoo browser, I get an error that yahoo browser has to closed because of an unaccountable error. I shows that it will send report or view report if I wish. And then even if I have other pages open on the internet, the browser shuts down all of them when I click on the ok button where the error to shutdown asks for.

Can you help me?

I'm puzzled on what is happening to my internet or browser connection.

thanks a bunch.

bye!!

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
try completely uninstalling the yahoo browser and see if it helps. Its not needed anyway unless you want the security features.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
try completely uninstalling the yahoo browser and see if it helps. Its not needed anyway unless you want the security features.
I completely uninstalled the yahoo browser and its components but to no avail, can't connect to the internet with the default internet explorer installed on my computer.

If I run internet explorer, all I see is an empty browser and an error "page cannot be displayed". How do I configure this browser so it can connect to the internet using sbc dsl isp.

Without the SBC/Yahoo browser, I can't connect to the internet.

Can you show me how to setup internet explorer to run on dsl isp sbc/yahoo without using their software, because without it, it will not connect to the dsl internet.

thanks.

bye!!

:smile:

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
hello again ,

you need to go to internet options

then to connections

then to( lan setting , then make sure auto detect setting is check

then go to ( programs ) ( still in internet options ) and check the box for ( tell me if IE is not set as the default browser ( at this point it will ask if it is not) then change it

while still in internet options check to make sure your security setting are set to default

Mike

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
theres something else going on because you do not need yahoo browser nor does it take any type of special configuration to use any other browser. I had sbc/yahoo until my year contract was up and went back to cable a couple of months ago. I never installed their browser nor did I have to do anything special to any other browser.

are you using their 2wire modem? if so which one? What firewall?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
theres something else going on because you do not need yahoo browser nor does it take any type of special configuration to use any other browser. I had sbc/yahoo until my year contract was up and went back to cable a couple of months ago. I never installed their browser nor did I have to do anything special to any other browser.

are you using their 2wire modem? if so which one? What firewall?
the Siemens Speedstream 4100. Pctools Firewall Plus Free.

Please help. I would like to discontinue using SBC/Yahoo browser and Use Microsoft Internet explorer 6 instead.

I keep getting the error "Ybrowser is getting unexplained error and needs to close. Print report or Send report" when I close the yahoo browser.

thanks. Hope to hear from you.

bye! :wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.