Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i want multi monitor support so i can run two different monitors with different things. This card has a VGA and a DVI plug which is good i think for running two monitors at the same time? (please confirm this). I am buying a new monitor (19 LCD) to use with my 17 CRT. Ok now my new monitor it says it is Analog only :sad: so i am thinking it has to connect into a VGA plug. So, on this video card would a dvi to vga adaptor work in successfully connecting my monitor? I pretty much have the facts but i just need a confirmation that this will work and i will get a multi monitor use out of this card. Please send me your insight

P.S. this card also has s-video out. I currently have this on my current card and i have my tv set up as a extended desktop. If i do get this card and get my two monitors to work, wouldnt my tv be the 3rd?

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Actually, I believe that the 9250 can support dual displays. ATi calls it HydraVision™. But don't expect to push it too far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this is a real low end graphics card. I dont do that much hardcore gaming like halflife 2. Mostly this will be used for every day internet usage and stuff. Could anybody recommend a better card that with the same capabilities for a little bit more money?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok like i said i wont being doing much with this card. I hope atleast it will look better then my current card, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420. Can anybody offer insight on how much better or worse it is and what it is going to be like if i get the Xtasy RADEON 9250 or should i upgrade one more step to Xtasy RADEON 9550. If all else a ATI - RADEON 9550 is next on my list of step ups.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
The 9550 will give you more umph in 3D work, but not that much. Anything with either dual VGA or VGA + DVI will suit your needs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you talking about the Xtasy or ATI Radeon 9550? I would prefer the Xtasy because of the $50 price difference. I just want to make sure i am getting something that wont be glitchy for my low end gaming that i do with games that are mostly 5 years old or run in internet explorer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ati manufactures afew things, there are many other manufacturers that make it cheap,
you can trust them assuming the card comes with a driver cd, and somewhere it says you can return it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.