Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very weird problem that has only just recently happened to both of my xserves. One xserve I have managed to convert to a Debian Proxmox server with a number virtual machines. The other running OS X server edition.

They both when I first got them, went through the usual boot process of power on, CPU flash, white screen, Apple logo then either Debian or OS X would boot.

Simultaneously both machines upon powering, I would get the cpu flash, black screen, no Apple logo, then Debian or OS X would boot. It's like the whole UFI section has vanished.

The only thing that these two systems have in common is that I installed a raid controller card which wasn't fully UFI supported, but still booted into the OS and worked once in the operating system. Even with the cards removed, I don't have a UFI boot sequence.

I have tried a SMC reset, which did nothing, tried a NVRAM reset which just made it worse as now my Debian machine will not boot into the OS as I suspect the UFI is now waiting for user interaction to set dates, times, country location, etc which I can't see........

I know that the MXM cards are still working as I still get a log in screen eventually, and by removing to all together I get black and more black......

If anything has experienced or knows how to get around it. I would very much like to know.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.