Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XP home machine won't attach to the Internet, I'm getting a message in Event Viewer "The SSDP Discovery Service service depends on the following nonexistent service: HTTP"

This machine was (and still is) loaded with sypware. I've cleaned some up, but the computer will not attach to the Internet to allow me to download updated versions of AdAware and Microsoft Anti Spyware.

Any ideas on how I can reload HTTP? It doesn't appear to be missing any services.

Thanks for any help you can provide. PASSMAN

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Go to Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services. In "Services" do you have "HTTP SSL" enabled. Highlight "HTTP SSL" right-click on it and choose properties in the "Startup Type" you can either have to Manual or Automatic. In the "Services Status" click on the "Start Button" and then OK. Now go here http://www.greyknight17.com/spyware.htm and follow instructions carefully. After downloading and scanning with HiJackThis post your log in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum someone will analyze your log as soon as they can :smile: .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll do that and post the info in the other forum. When I went to start HTTP SSL I got the following message:

Could not start the HTTP SSL service on Local Computer
Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

Thanks
PASSMAN

quizme1220 said:
Go to Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services. In "Services" do you have "HTTP SSL" enabled. Highlight "HTTP SSL" right-click on it and choose properties in the "Startup Type" you can either have to Manual or Automatic. In the "Services Status" click on the "Start Button" and then OK. Now go here http://www.greyknight17.com/spyware.htm and follow instructions carefully. After downloading and scanning with HiJackThis post your log in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum someone will analyze your log as soon as they can :smile: .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.