Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
howdy, gentlemen...**** this computer is frustrating the hell out of me...

I just got it back from having a new motherboard installed (the old one got fried by a power surge) and now the **** thing won't boot to windows.

xp starts to boot and then flashes a blue screen really quick (way too fast to read) and restarts.

I booted from a floppy and ran scandisk...the normal one detected a few problems and fixed them, but the subsequent surface scan jammed halfway through....

when i rebooted from the floppy, i was able to view all the directories on the disk (all the ones that should be there...containing my files)...but....

If I try to boot from my windows xp cd (i wanted to run a "fix installation" dealy), it loads to \the "Windows Setup" bluescreen and then jams....

help....please and thank you

EDIT: Update: I narrowed down the XP boot problem...the PC is unable to load the proper drivers to run the CD-ROM (I booted w/ these CD-ROMS MANY times before the motherboard incident)...i can't boot the computer w/ a floppy w/ CD-ROM support either....

NOTE: the drives appear fine in all other respects; their names show up in BIOS, and the boot sequence shows no errors....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dude,

I got the same issue...

Bootup on XP PRO brings up the standard options, Safe Mode, Normal Mode etc... none of them work
Bootup off the XP CD and the Repair Option locks when you select the Drive to Repair and Freezes when you try to Re-Install... ****ing ****e System...
I noticed though that when i bootup on safe mode it restarts the systems on loading the AGP Driver...? whether this has any relevence i dont know...

This is a new 120GB Drive i got in, only 2 months old and its crammed with Data i dont wont to lose due to a Format...
If anyone out there can help, please do so...!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
you say that you replaced the MB.
does the new motherboard have a different chipset, if so did you install the drivers for the new chipset ?
if chipset is different you will propably have to reinstall the OS.

gr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well having ripped apart my system as well as searching every single thread on the internet possible i have come to 1 conclusion. XP is TOTAL WANK...

The only thing left for me to do is to wipe my HDD and start from Fresh and if i wanna backup my data i have to get another HDD with Win98 and put my ****ed up HDD as the slave as i have about 20GB worth of files, granted this will teach me for not backing up on CD or using Raid but hey...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.