Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, how's it going?

I have 4 different XP systems. Three of them I know for sure that they are OEM versions, but the forth I think is a Retail version, but I'm not quite sure. The reason I want to know, is that is the one I'm going to get rid of.....taking it apart. I want to update a laptop I have to XP and I know that once you remove......stop using the retail version, you can install it on another system. What I want to know is how can I make sure that it is a Retail Version?

Thanks
Patrick

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
if its the retail version, you should have a cd. In addition, oem xp says oem in the key.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Media for all of my systems. None of the licenses have OEM within the key itself. I know that 95, 98 and ME did this, but all My XP keys are numbers and letters.....nothing in the key spelling out OEM. All of my 95 & 98's do.

THanks
Patrick

·
Banned
46 Posts
It's not IN the PID, it's on the PID sticker, along side the PID.

Do you have Product ID stickers on these (or this, rather) machine ? If it's a custom machine, you'll need a software like Belarc.

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
sorry, I just realized that a couple of sentences was accidently deleted when I made a minor edit.

it says oem on the the coa sticker thats stuck on the computer case. It also the same sticker that has the key.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The three OEM's which I have the green PID stickers for say OEM... this I know, but the other one came in a green envelope that is orange on the inside which has the Media alonge with a SP2 CD. On the back of the envelope there is an orange sticker that just says product key and then the actual key itself under the words product key the a finger pointing to it.

THanks
Patrick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.