Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
i hope you are able to help me:
i simply want to know how can i install a program only for the current user and not for the others?

i want other users not to use some programs i use on my account ..
please help me..
many thanks ;)

ps: i use xp pro + sp2

·
Registered
796 Posts
During the Windows XP add/remove software wizard, this should ask you whether you want to install for everyone or for the current user. Read your prompts carefully, it should be an option during the install.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
During the Windows XP add/remove software wizard, this should ask you whether you want to install for everyone or for the current user. Read your prompts carefully, it should be an option during the install.
ok guy, but not every installer asks for it!
that's the problem!!!
please help me

·
Registered
796 Posts
Then you need to initiate the install from the windows xp add/remove software wizard. Control Panel - Add/Remove programs - Add new programs -then have windows initiate the install. See if you get better results that way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then you need to initiate the install from the windows xp add/remove software wizard. Control Panel - Add/Remove programs - Add new programs -then have windows initiate the install. See if you get better results that way.
ok friend. i also tried to do this but it simply starts the installer (as if i double click it)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's my desktop pc: i use it at home, but i want an account only for me..other accounts for other relatives..:D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Install the program and then set the permissions on the program to only include your account. You can do this by navigating to the program folder and then right clicking on the program folder. You will be able to deny them access to the program using this technique. They will be able to see that the program is installed, but they will not be able to use it.

Yours will look a little different as you should see each individual account here as opposed to my domain groups.

Here is the screen that I am talking about below

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.