Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I just have a quick question. Is there anywhere that i can download all the win xp updates in one package? I would like to download them, and apply them to my win xp that i have on my laptop. Thanks for your replies. Dale

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Welcome to TSF....

This is understandable to want to download all of the updates and to install all of them to a particular computer but the question I have is, Why do you want to install all of them even the ones that do not belong or can be used on a particular computer?

When you do windows updates Microsoft scans your computer to find out what is in there (This thing about not sending any info to Microsoft is a bunch of huey) and after the scan they then assign updates that are needed and I am sure it is not every single update.

One way you can do it easily is to download the following: These have everything you need....

Download Windows XP Service Pack 2 full installation
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. I was mostly interested in the security updates. Thanks

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The service packs have all of t he security updates in them and will be installed on a need to be basis.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks a lot. The issue that i am having is i can't seem to visit anywhere where java is needed. I have java installed and it won't activate at all. I was playing a game at iwon, then the next day, all of a sudden, it tells me it is a restricted site. I have removed it from the list, i have added it to the safe list, and still nothing. So, i go to pogo, and now i have the java issue. I think maybe it is time to blow it, and just do a clean install. I have been messing with this for about a week now, and i just can't seem to get it fixed. I am out of options.:4-dontkno

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
What site are you getting the java from?

Do you have any service packs installed on this xp home?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The laptop what is the make and model of laptop?

The windows xp home is this installed from the original recovery disks for the laptop?

Ho wlong ago did you install t his windows xp home?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The laptop is another subject. The one in question now, is the one that i am on now. This os has benn on here for about a year i guess. I always backup and blow it about every 6 or 8 months, but my original xp disk got scratched, so i can't blow it now. So, i am trying to just limp my way through it. It was doing just fine one night, and when i came back the next day, the site was restricted, and it has benn down hill ever since. lol

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I am sorry but your first post there is a laptop and now it is not the computer in question. I seem to be having a difficult in procuring information about what computer and which one is having a problem. If you could post the information about the computer with a problem then I might be able to help you a bit better?

cya l8r

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. Because of the problems with my home system, was why i was moving to the laptop. This home system that i am on at the moment is the one with all the issues. It is also win xp sp2.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The only thing that makes it tough is the fact that I can not find out anything about the computer to do anything with.

Anything you can give info wise like make and model of computer and error messages if any the operating system and other info would be good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.