Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't matter what usb device I remove now it shuts down automatically. I was wondering if any of the updates had anything to do with it?

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Hi Ogata

Can you describe it more?

What errors do you get, what do you see, what do you hear in connection with the system hardware?
Any changes you've made to the system.. hardware or software lately?
Has it ever been working stable?
Do you get a blue screen?
What do you be doing while it shuts down ie. playing games?
Your PSU is underpowered aswell. Can your download Sensors View please and let us know the voltages/temperatures your getting.

Anything of more information would help here describing what you be doing when it shuts. I mean, if you don't play any games/video/media/imaging software, just have Windows Explorer running, does it shut down?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ogata

What errors do you get, what do you see, what do you hear in connection with the system hardware?
Your PSU is underpowered aswell. Can your download Sensors View please and let us know the voltages/temperatures your getting.

Anything of more information would help here describing what you be doing when it shuts. I mean, if you don't play any games/video/media/imaging software, just have Windows Explorer running, does it shut down?

Stable yes and I only updated Windows a few days ago. The funny thing was the same thing happened to my friends system that I recently formatted. I doubt its my PSU. I'm running 500W and I am not running Crossfire or SLI. Its odd. Anyone else have that problem? I am going to reformat it next week anyways but just want to know if there is a solution.

·
Registered
103 Posts
first off I must say that I like the system in you sig except for the HDs.

how old is your motherboard? there is a possibility that your motherboard is getting ready to die. I have seen PCs that shutdown when a USB device was plugged in. this may also be the problem here. open you case and look at the larger capcitors (caps). See if any of them are pushed bubbled up. of course turn off your computer and unplug it before doing this. If any caps are bubbled up then your motherboard needs replacing. (i hate to be the bearer of bad news.) I hope that this not the case here. also try removing your usb drivers and reinstalling them.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Stable yes and I only updated Windows a few days ago. The funny thing was the same thing happened to my friends system that I recently formatted. I doubt its my PSU. I'm running 500W and I am not running Crossfire or SLI. Its odd. Anyone else have that problem? I am going to reformat it next week anyways but just want to know if there is a solution.
If its the same PSU as in your sig then its 420W max Dual 12V rail with 14A and 15A on each rail.
Depends on your USB drivers too. You haven't answered most of my questions. Until you do, I can't say much further.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
first off I must say that I like the system in you sig except for the HDs.

how old is your motherboard? there is a possibility that your motherboard is getting ready to die. I have seen PCs that shutdown when a USB device was plugged in. this may also be the problem here. open you case and look at the larger capcitors (caps). See if any of them are pushed bubbled up. of course turn off your computer and unplug it before doing this. If any caps are bubbled up then your motherboard needs replacing. (i hate to be the bearer of bad news.) I hope that this not the case here. also try removing your usb drivers and reinstalling them.

Maybe it needs a cleaning. I will find out next week.

Here is what I have now.

Asus P5GDC Deluxe
P4 3.0GHZ with HT Technology Socket 775
OCZ Preminum 3200 2 X 512mb RAM
Enermax Liberty 500W
1 X Maxtor Diamondmax 10 200gb with 8mb Cache
1 X Maxtor Diamondmax 10 200gb with 16 mb Cache
1 X ATI All in Wonder x800xl 256mb GDDR3
1 X Zalman 9500AT Cu CPU Heatsink/Fan
2 X Nextech 120mm Fans
1X Pioneer 111D DVD-RW
1 X Soundblaster Audigy Value

About to add a 3rd Seagate 80gb HD with a Thermaltake Icage.

Hi Ogata

I have no errors or hear any system errors. It just shuts down on its own.
Hardware I will add a 3rd HD in the process
It has been working Stable
No Blue screen
Watch movies
No its not as I upgraded to a 500W Liberty a couple of months ago

I know the CPU temp is abit tad high but I will clean it out next week as I have said before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.