Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes during shutdown on my XP SP2, I get a pop up box claiming that a program "sw.exe" will not shutdown because it is waiting a reply from me. I then end it and shutdow. I have searched the computer for "sw.exe", scanned the msconfig set ups, searched the files in task master, and searched the registry; all to no avail trying to find who or what is generating this messsage. Can anyone out there tell me a method to find out what program is causing this pop up box to be generated?

·
Registered
22 Posts
sw.exe is spyware, part of the program "Silent Spy". Google it, and you will be led to places that will give instructions on killing it (if your present tools won't).

·
Manager, TSF Articles
38,365 Posts
Sometimes during shutdown on my XP SP2, I get a pop up box claiming that a program "sw.exe" will not shutdown because it is waiting a reply from me. I then end it and shutdow. I have searched the computer for "sw.exe", scanned the msconfig set ups, searched the files in task master, and searched the registry; all to no avail trying to find who or what is generating this messsage. Can anyone out there tell me a method to find out what program is causing this pop up box to be generated?
SW.EXE is a silent spyware program. Check out this site. http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/useless_files/180-SWexe.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.