Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes during shutdown on my XP SP2, I get a pop up box claiming that a program "sw.exe" will not shutdown because it is waiting a reply from me. I then end it and shutdow. I have searched the computer for "sw.exe", scanned the msconfig set ups, searched the files in task master, and searched the registry; all to no avail trying to find who or what is generating this messsage. Can anyone out there tell me a method to find out what program is causing this pop up box to be generated?

·
Manager, TSF Articles
38,398 Posts
Sometimes during shutdown on my XP SP2, I get a pop up box claiming that a program "sw.exe" will not shutdown because it is waiting a reply from me. I then end it and shutdow. I have searched the computer for "sw.exe", scanned the msconfig set ups, searched the files in task master, and searched the registry; all to no avail trying to find who or what is generating this messsage. Can anyone out there tell me a method to find out what program is causing this pop up box to be generated?
SW.EXE is a silent spyware program. Check out this site. http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/useless_files/180-SWexe.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.