Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't beleive I have that TV media thing. From my automatic updates, i got a prompt to update to service pack 2. I installed it and all and then told me to reboot, but when I reboot I get these errors:

(services.exe - Application error) The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) click on OK to terminate the application.

(lsass.exe) The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) click on OK to terminate the application.

I could not even turn it on with safe mode. I always got this message. I had to boot form cd, delete the c drive partition, and reinstall windows. I just want to know what the cause of this problem is, im not really sure wut the TV Media thing is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes my computer is fine now, someone told me that it could be a virus. I did not have a firewall, and they said hackers could make it look exactly the same as windows update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Attempt to restore point before SP2 crashed system

You got further than I did! I lost my USB ports after installing SP2 and a call to my Averatec laptop tech support got me the advice to do system recovery (RECOVERY not restore) and if that didn't work to send laptop in for repair. ARRRGHHH! Without time to troubleshoot this today, I decided to restore system to point before installing SP2 and now my system won't boot at all. Black screen. Doesn't even get initial flash screen.

I guess I'll see if I can boot from CD. Fortunately I'm good about backing up everything to desktop so I won't lose much. I'm interested in any comments or advice from others about any part of this. I thought by now they would have these kinks in SP2 worked out, but obviously they haven't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.