Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster.

I was re-formating my Equix PII pc with Windows XP pro and the monitor cable accidentally became disconnected from pc. When I plugged cable back in the monitor is blank.

I re-formatted the pc with another monitor and os loaded fine but when I plug back into the other monitor (Proview 15" flat screen) the screen is garbled during bootup and then goes blank.

If someone could assist on how I could get this pc to work with this monitor it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I tried the flat screen with another pc and it works fine.

Thanks!!

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Your system probably has a scan rate set now that isn't compatible with the monitor. I've seen this with flat panels, though mine will put up a warning that the scan rates are incompatible. Boot it up with a standard monitor, fix the resolution in Display Properties, and you'll probably be fine. Note that even though you have, say 1024x768 set, the refresh rate being too high might cause the panel to be blank, that's happened to me too. :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
seen that happen too and set everything resolution, refresh rate, bit rate to lowest settings....rebooted to other monitor and made necessary display adjustments.

if it doesn't work(due to different drivers) boot into safe mode and delete the video and display drivers and reboot...found new hardware wizard will install default drivers and then you can update them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.