Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small home wireless network. My cable modem goes straight into my Trendnet wireless router, which happily sits there and supplies my notebook (using windows 2k pro) with internet access, wireless flavour. However connecting the XP pro desktop brings up one very annoying problem. At first it connects in a normal way, whether connected by cable or wireless (which ever is to be used, the other is disconnected/disabled). However, after a short while (between 5 and 20 mins) any new connections the compter attempts to make fail. New websites can't open, MSN seems to fall over (but Windows messenger works just fine), online games are unaffected unless they lose the connection, in which case a reconnection is out of the question. The only way to reconnect is to either restart the machine or switch the option "let windows manage wireless networks" on or off, which ever isn't active at the time.

I've tried all kinds of fixes from troubleshooting sites, the firewall is off (the router provides a firewall too). I'm getting to the end of my tether, it's not only annoying in and of itself, the fact I can't seem to resolve the problem using reccomended techniques is annoying too.

Here's hoping you can help me:

Ravisher

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Are you sure you haven't picked up spyware/malware? Have you done virus and spyware scans? How about posting a HijackThis log?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.