Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I purchased a Fry's bundle, which included an ECS K8T890-A motherboard and an Athlon64 3500+ (Venice). The advantage of this motherboard (for me) is that for the time being I could use my GF4 Ti4200 8x 64MB because it includes both PCI-Express and an AGP Express slot. Well I re-loaded XP pro (not the 64bit edition), and windows function (meaning the display works), but under display properties->settings->advanced->adapter it shows that I am using VGASave. This occurs even when I install the Nvidia drivers. When I go to the device manager it shows the GF4 Ti4200 as installed, but under system devices there are some that have a yellow circle. Those are the pci to pci bridge devices. When I look at the properties for these it says that windows does not have enough free resources to use them (or something along those lines). I think this is where my problem lies, but I can't get enough resources to get them to work. Here is all of the hardware I have:

ECS K8T890-A MB with built in 10/100 lan and AC'97 sound
Maxtor 160GB ATA/133 on the primary master
Toshiba DVD-ROM on the secondary master
Pioneer DVD-RW on the secondary slave
GF4 Ti4200 64MB 8x

Thats it. I have disabled the on board serial and parallel, along with the floppy controller. This frees up a couple (out of 5 or so) of the pci to pci bridge devices, but leaves the other 3-4 without resources. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
-Ryan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.