Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I have a pretty serious problem, which i can't work out. Ive been away from doing i.t stuff for a while and cant remember how to stop the following.

Basically a member of my family chose to download a bogus Microsoft update that was full of delicious trojans like vitrumonde and backdoors etc etc..over 26 high profile viruses.
So i set about deleting them but 1, it was an adp downloader trojan which i couldnt take off. it took me a while but i finally caught it but by then it was already downloading more serious viruses to the pc.
anyhow....after a long deletion process etc, the windows oes was looking worse for wear, files corrupted, missing etc, so i took off what programs i could install later and went about performing a recovery reinstallation of xp pro.
All was going well until 34 minutes to go, during the devices setup, it crashes the mouse and keyboard, everything is still changing and moving on the screen, but nothing will work...then a screen appears saying 'prounstl.exe on intel pro network connections cd-rom or floppy disk is needed. but i cant do anything to find it on C:

At the moment im debating a slipsreamed version with this intel file integrated in it....but will it work?????

any suggestions welcome. thanks everyone :wave:

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
If you can browse to the floppy or CD, you can simply put the file on one of those.

If by recovery, you mean that you are using the recovery partition of a factory PC, then all of the files/drivers needed should already be present and I'd question if that partition isn't also corrupted. Either way, that sounds like a NIC driver, you may be able to cancel and continue, then go back later and install those drivers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.