Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XP machine which has filled the C drive with Offline Files Synchronizing.
This is something that was setup years ago, and just kicked in again this week somehow.
It has synchronized 20GB of files to the C drive. C drive is only 37GB. Windows folder is 25 GB.
I started to delete the offline files, but the process failed (a device attached is not functioning - I think that was the message).
Now I have Offline Files not enabled.
There is obviously still about 20 GB of storage on this drive, which I want to clear off, but the Offline Files Folder shows empty.

Does anyone know a way to clear up this ?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
6,724 Posts
Click Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > Offline Files tab > uncheck "Enable Offline Files.

Note that if the function is set in group policy, it will reset to enabled again after you log back into the network. There may be additional settings you can choose that effectively allow you to keep it from working. You may be able to unselect the server(s) that you synchronize with, etc. You may have to do this each time you log into the network depending on policy settings on your network.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.