Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently manage an NT4 domain network that includes the following kinds of clients: NT4PDC , NT4BDC, W2k Servers, Win98SE, XP SP1, W2k pro, Win2003 Servers. All of these clients appear in the Network Neighborhood and are very accessible from the other clients. Last week I added a new XP Pro SP2 and although I can Ping it, map network drives to it, move files via the network into and out of it, but it does not appear in Network Neighborhood. Today I found the KB articles on "restrictanonymous registry key" , and set that key to 0. ...and still this PC does not appear in Network Neighborhood??? I have confirmed that the NIC card is fine and uses only TCP/IP and that it picks up all parameters from DHCP. It also appears to have registered in my WINS server. Any ideas about why this system is so shy?? Oh yeah, I also turned off the XP internal firewall, and I would have removed SP2, but it does not appear in "add/remove programs" .

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
SP2 isn't causing this problem, I'm pretty sure of that. With that varied mix, I think I'd fall back on my old standby and install the NETBEUI protocol. :grin:

I presume you did check that NETBIOS over TCP/IP was enabled in the TCP/IP properties?

How about the output of an IPCONFIG /ALL to take a look at it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.