Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XP media center OS

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  hi tec redneck 
#1 ·
I have a hp dv5000 notebook, it came with xp media ctr, no restore disks(a seperate partition for restoration) The system crashed, my freind rebooted me with xp pro, since the computer has been very slow (like its using all its resources for unkown crap and theres nothing left for the applications) I took it to a pc shop, they looked it over and said the OS needs to be restored to original for it to operate properly. I was told to contact HP for a recovery disk and they should send it to me. HP gave me the runaround, so I contacted microsoft. the girl at microsoft told me to find someone with a similar notebook and xp media ctr, have them copy the d:/ drive (recovery drive partition) and use my key to restore. she said itll work as long as the notebooks are the same model and os. Can anyone help with the recovery files for this notebook?

#5 ·
it would have to be exactly the same model otherwise you would have driver problems. dv5000 is not the correct model number it is the series line. You will need to get the exact model. You can also order replacement recovery cd's from hp.

#6 ·
yes, youre right, hp wanted me to pay them $150 to send the discs. I was wondering about somebody here maybe having the software that they could get 2 me somehow. I rebooted with my xp disc, and its doing ok now, but I was wanting to get the original os back if possible. the driver issues can be resolved, I have a copy of drivers for this machine. but its dv5135nr, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.