Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a new machine; using a mobo with onboard Promise RAID, a pair of WD800JB HD’s, and Windows XP. I had a successful first install, everything worked great. Then I re-arranged my cables connecting the HD’s to the mobo and all hell broke loose. I think I flipped the drive cables or something. So I decided to re-install. No luck.

When trying to re-install Windows XP using RAID, I continually get the message “Setup did not find any hard drives installed in your computer.” The drives install OK on the standard Master/Slave IDE config…but not through the RAID controller. The BIOS sees the drives, the RAID BIOS sees the drives, and FDISK sees the drives (sees them as one drive, appropriately) when I boot from floppy. The Windows RAID controllers load up during the initial stages of XP installation. But soon after that, XP gives me the error message that it can’t find any hard drives.

I’m completely at a loss. I can’t find any relevant info on the net. Gigabyte (the mobo manufacturer), Western Digital, and Microsoft don’t seem to have anything about this. I’d say the problem is with XP, except for the fact that installation went OK initially.

Any help would be welcome. Thank you.

S

·
0 Posts
Please do not double post as it only confuses the issue. And you will not get the help that you asked for.

See HERE .

Mod please close this thread! Thank You

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.