Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day Sir! I have a problem regarding XP installation, when i finished installing xp in my pc, possibly it will restart, then when it boot, nothing happens to my installation, and when I see my drive c it display new partition again and what happen to my installation? This will be the scenario. What will be the solution of this problem sir to be able to continue the installation. Hoping for your help. Thank you

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,125 Posts
when it boot, nothing happens to my installation, to be able to continue the installation
Your statement isn't very clear. so can you give us detailed description of what your doing?
From what I understand, you have booted with the XP CD, you have created a partition and started to install XP. At this stage XP Should reboot and you should have the blue screen telling you that there will be 39 minutes to finish the installation. Are you getting this part? or does it finish the installation and restarts and it never loads the desktop? If you could tell us where it is failing it would be most helpful. If you already have a partition, Boot off of the XP CD get to the Recovery Console and type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk Utility will scan your drive for bad sectors and file errors and fix them

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes sir I already finished installing XP and ready to boot up the XP, but the problems is nothing happen to my installation it displays boot disk failure.And when i install again the XP i see the Drive C volume label is new partition,my previous XP installation was not found there.Is there any problem with the hard drive sir?Why is it previous installation was not found?

·
Premium Member
19,892 Posts
you need to first do what was suggested by spunk-funk. if it does show errors then you may also want to run a harddrive diagnostic utility from the drives manufactuer to see if the drive is bad. Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

why are you reinstalling xp? it might be related. Also is it the xp restore disk that came with the computer or from another computer. or is it a full retail version disk?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.