Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. i just built a pc, asus p4c800 delux, dual 120 sata seagate hhd on raid 1 and 2, raid0. 1 gig ddr ram. trying to install xp home edition, i get as far as welcome to setup, there i get lock up and can not press enter. i set up bios hhd are functional, can anyone help? i do not want to buy o/s 98 than upgrade to xp. i already bouht full install xp with sp1. please help thanks . redsearay:upset: :upset:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, x5dr. and thanks for your reply, to answear your question yes i have cd-rom on first priority, i just got done removing blaster worm from my other pc, and now i going to try install again after i reset bios to default settings, except for leaning cd-rom as first boot choice. i wonder if the xp o/s disk has a glich? i hope they check such things before they release them for sale. i forgot to mention that the new pc also has ATI 9800 PRO video card, i know its okay because i just bought it and had it on my other pc for a few day's, well i guess it's time to retry the install again, i will post again in the morning with results, thanks again, mabe i should just call Microsoft, but i think they are kind of busy with the worm problem, anyway i would like to resolve this the hard way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
trying to install xp home edition, i get as far as welcome to setup
I had a similiar phenomenon once during an installation. The system kept freezing during the first steps of setup.

My cause was a deffective RAM module. Can you try it with just one module in place?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.