Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XP Website Woes

People,

Moved up to Windows XP from 98SE; & am running I.E. 6.0. Some sites...some of my favorites, just don't work anymore. With some sites, I get the old "The Page Can't Be Displayed" error. With others, the site will load, but with errors on the page. With that scenario, most of the links at that site won't work.

What the heck is this? Is this XP? Is it I.E.? Does anyone else out there with XP & I.E. 6.0 have this problem? Need some help.

Thanks in advance,

mark4man

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
People,

Moved up to Windows XP from 98SE; & am running I.E. 6.0. Some sites...some of my favorites, just don't work anymore. With some sites, I get the old "The Page Can't Be Displayed" error. With others, the site will load, but with errors on the page. With that scenario, most of the links at that site won't work.

What the heck is this? Is this XP? Is it I.E.? Does anyone else out there with XP & I.E. 6.0 have this problem? Need some help.

Thanks in advance,

mark4man

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
mark4man, hows it going ?
are you using dialup, cable dsl or what ? Do you have xp firewall active, its a p.o.s so it might be interfering with your browsing...what you can do is right click on my network places and look for your connectoid, right click on there and go to advanced tab, you can see there if the firewall is enabled...
I would get rid of it and get either Zone Alarm or Norton, they're lil' better...

:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would say, check your security settings.

Or it could be you're not able to se HTTPS sites cause your'e not running 128-bit encryption.

on Internet explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

There should be a field in that page that says:
"Cipher Strength: xxx-bit"

does it say 128-bit?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
merlin...

Yo,

>mark4man, hows it going ?<

Great...& yourself?

>are you using dialup, cable dsl or what ?<