Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, 3 weeks ago I added an external hard drive, to which I transferred my My Documents folders as well as some other stuff. All worked fine, Windows was happy with the new MyDocs location etc. However yesterday I attached my camera briefly via USB and subsequent to this, Windows seems to have renamed my external harddrive to F: instead of E: and also changed my document folders to "Jamie's Documents/Picture/Music etc." instead of "My Documents"

I've managed to rename the doc folders but not the drive. I don't personally care what it calls itself, but some programs are having difficulty finding relevant files.

Any ideas whats happened and how to reverse it?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
To change the drive letter, go into drive manager under computer manager in the control panel, right click on the drive and change drive letter and assign it E:.(Make sure nothing else is using that drive letter other wise you will not be able to see one of them).
My 5 external drives are assigned letters starting from the end of the alphabet. This way if I plug some thin else in it doesn't conflict.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.