Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am browsing in Firefox, typing something, or opening a folder...etc...
suddenly the computer hangs

I've tried finding a solution but I seem to fail at my attempts... I just restart my computer...(like now)

Here is the error I tried to read on another thread...maybe if I post this it will help
---------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESENT
Event Category: General
Event ID: 490
Date: 12/9/2009
Time: 10:15:23 PM
User: N/A
Computer: V-E98E86BA26694
Description:
svchost (1124) An attempt to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\{127D0A1D-4EF2-11D1-8608-00C04FC295EE}\catdb" for read / write access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ". The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
----------

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, basically this is what happens(ed)...
1) I turn on the computer
2) I work regularly on my computer (firefox, MS word, starcraft, etc.)
3) the computer starts to freeze in 0.5 second intervals every 1 or 2 seconds...
4) the computer hangs/freezes...
5) I restart it and continue where I left...

(I asked my mother if she had a USB(mass storage device) inserted to the computer. She said that she used her USB on an internet cafe...and I think the problem started when she used our computer...) could this be a virus attack? do I have to reformat? it's hard for me because my mother is working on her thesis on this computer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.