Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know you can FTP using IE, I want to share a file with a friend, its a large file 685mbs to be exact. Anyhoo I know you can use IE as a FTP, some one tell me how to enable this feature? So I can share this stuff.
Want I was trying to avoid was using 3rd party software, to FTP. Ill just go download something.. forget it

Thanks

Prophecy

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Using FTP and XP as a firewall don't have anything to do with each other.

If you want to use FTP, one of you has to be acting as an FTP server. In order to do this, one of you can download one of the many FTP server programs.

I would only do it for a very short time - this would create a vulnerability on whosever program, unless they have some firewall expertise to keep everyone else out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I hate to be rude,,, But who said anything about using a FIREWALL? I didnt mention firewall.. Also you didnt read my post, its possible to set up an firewall with IE 6.0.

Anyone else wanna give this a try.

Go get some coffee bro.:D

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Ok, that was very rude, whether your tying to be or not you were. Everyone helps out here as a courtesy and doesn't need this type of a responce. Your original post did say things about a firewall, you simply edited it out..

Pseudocyber's responce to this question was completly acurate .. you need software to do what you want, and you're not gonna want to leave it up very long without knowing somthing about security.

Please be a little less hostile to people trying to help you out in the future. Thanks.

Closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.