Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,
I've been having a huge problem lately. I have XP SP2, and a couple of days ago, HP replaced my motherboard because of a hardware malfunction (Centrino).
Ever since it returned, Youtube has not been working. All videos get stuck at the loading screen with the little flash circle going round and round, but the video never appears. Sometimes it'll work all of a sudden, but then it'd stop again. Now i'm not a noob, so i've tried everything i could think of, which so far includes uninstalling and reinstalling Flash Player 9.0.124, with the prescribed uninstaller i might add, and rolling back the Windows Media Player plugin for Firefox and reinstalling that too.
I've checked for multiple plugins fighting for the stream but that does not seem to be the problem either. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and updated to Version 3, but that didn't work either. IE is, well, hopeless under normal circumstances, let alone this one, so naturally didn't work either. The only thing that i could come up with was that the firefox file type management was empty, so i updated the mimeTYPES file in my profile, and that brought back the file types. But it still doesn't work, even though everything is configured as it should be.
The only lead i have is that my file types for Windows, under tools>folder options> show that many file types are configured to be run by certain programs, and others aren't. Even if they are, they show no icons to indicate that, and manual probing is required.
I considered reinstalling Windows, but i figured i should ask people who know more than me first. Any ideas people?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.