Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I recently setup a dual monitor system. I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 7500 graphics card (ASUS MB). After setting up the other monitor, I started getting ATI errors, XP told me that ATI needed to shut down do I need to send a report...

The error only appeared after the second monitor. So, right or wrong, I went to the ATI site to update my current driver. I installed .NET, I used their catalyst uninstaller to get rid of the old ATI driver...I rebooted and after the XP logo was a blank dark screen.

I restarted and went into safe mode, tried to install the new driver (ATI) and I started receiving error messages such as windows does not detect proper hardware, this will not be installed etc.

What do I need to do?

·
Registered
282 Posts
First unplug the second monitor from your video card, uninstall the drivers and reinstall them. After you are done installing the drivers, turn you computer off, plug the second monitor in and turn the computer back on and see if this is still happening. If it is check your event logs by right click on my computer>manage and check the event viewer for any errors, post any error # and the source of the error.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.