Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reinstalled my PC with XP SP1... After a few hours of configuration i discovered that whenever I insert a blank CD-R disc into my burner, XP locks up (big time, I can't even press eject on the burner). It is not the burner as I have tested that in another machine, it's not the IDE controller as I've ruled that out as well (it's on a Promise Ultra100TX2 controller at the moment and I've already tried it on the onboard controller)

It HAS to be a Windows bug. The only software difference between now and before is that I'm running SP1. Are there any files I can copy over from a non-SP1 box to fix this??

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
72 Posts
Have you tried to download the most recent driver version (gotta make sure that the latest driver is compatable with XP tho). Also, is this burner compatable with XP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep.... Before I reinstalled I was running XP (non-SP1). All my drivers are up to date and all the latest software installed. There are no rogue processes running in the background, Windows just seems to not want to co-operate with blank CD-Rs. It reads normal discs fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.