Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had this problem for about a week now, I don't know what to do.

I have windows xp home, I turn on the computer and it boots up normally until the desktop and icons and start up bar shows up. Then everything acts like its frozen, icons won't highlight or click, start menu won't come on, only thing that seems to work is Task Manager.

First I tried rebooting but it said explorer.exe won't shut down message thing. so later I tried ending explorer and restarting it using Task Manager but it wouldnt work, it would still freeze.

I also tried system restore, it would allow my computer to work normally until I turn it off and it does that all over again when it reboots. I tried to do the system restore today too but all my system restore points were gone so I dont know what to do now.

Thanks in adavance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I can get in to safe mode, thats how I did the system restores, but exact same problem happens there too, Icons, startmenu does not work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think my explorer.exe is damaged or infected, does anyone know how to replace it with a new one or fix it some how? If so, I would appreciate it, thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.