Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a small problem when I boot up my computer ever since I installed SP1. Right after my computer detects the drives and begins to boot XP I get a 2 option menu asking if I want to start XP or start XP setup. It automatically defaults on XP setup and only gives me 4 seconds to choose. So everytime I boot now I have to scroll up once and hit enter. I have forgotten or not payed attention a couple of times already and when it selects XP setup it gives back an error saying that a critical .dll file is missing. I then reboot and go into XP and everything works fine.

I have to mention that when I installed SP1 I used a webpage that explains how to go into your registry to change your XP activation key after using a key generator in order to install SP1 over my corp (professional) version of XP which originally used a widely used activation key :) It worked successfully but now of course I have this little problem when booting. Any ideas on how to get rid of this annoying boot menu??

·
hey
10,189 Posts
This is most likely due to the illegal registy edit. If you would like this to be discussed please purchase a legal copy. Forum Rules state that talking about this is not permitted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.