Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new drive and XP Home. I put in a Windows98 startup floppy and was going to run "setup" in DOS mode. Found out you couldn't do that so I loaded XP off the CD.
Everything went fine, except I get a "Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart" message AND when I booted up I noticed I had 2 boot choices XP and 98. I couldn't boot from the 98, obviously. I imagine it was there from the 98 floppy I had originally put in. I went into the boot.ini file and removed the last line C:\ = "Microsoft Windows" .
This seems to have corrected the multiple boot option problem, but my "Press any key to restart" problem remains. I've assumed that the 2 problems are related (98 startup floppy), but maybe not. I didn't have this problem with my old hard drive (Windows ME) so I don't think it's BIOS related. Any help will be appreciated.

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
If you are not partial to the data on the hard drive. Restart the XP setup from the CDrom. Delete the partition and reformat it. This should fix your problems

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.