Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if it is possible to dual boot with Windows and Mac OS. I have Redhat 7.3 but I do not feel like learning how to use it and I don't really like it. I don't think Windows supports dual operating systems(probably since Microsoft doesn't play well with others and wants to stay rich). But does anyone know if Mac OS supports dual operating systems?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just wondering if Mac OS X can be added onto a self-build computer. I just wanna try something new and I like the way it looks and I don't like my Linux.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Apples have a proprietary ROM embedded into the motherboard, making them act like a Mac rather than a PC... Hence why you need to buy an upgrade card or a new system whenever you need an upgrade... so unless you are going to buy a Mac, remove the ROM, and do a lot of assembly programming and adaptation it's not possible.... They do have emulators though... that's probably your best try... the trick is that you can't get MacOSX functionality on a PC, and I don't think you can dual boot into an emulator... you'd have to boot to the OS first and start the program.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.