Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new system working and I just did a new install of XP pro on the box. When I try to activate it, it gives me an error that a connection cant be found and to check my internet connection. The thing is I can get to the internet just fine as you can see here, but for some reason the activation wizard can't detect it. Also when I go to Windows Update it scans my computer and tells me there arent any updates available and my system is up to date when there should be about 21 items.

I am connecting through a NIC to a Linksys cable router with a built in switch.

I just did this very same procedure the other day with pretty much the same setup and connections and had no problems at all. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? The online activation isn't a huge deal because I can phone it in if I have to, but I would really like to get the windows updates and especialy the service pack!

Thanks for any input :bandit:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess I should have searched the Knowledge base first. It seems that my computer date was set to December 5th 2001. lol. It says on the knowledge base that an incorrect system time will cause the error message to be displayed. All is well now. For reference, the information can be found here.

Sorry for not researching first :angel:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.