RAM do you need to efficiently run XP Home &
AOL 9? Also, from what I read there seem to some
real issues with AOL 9...true?

Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It needs a minimum 128MB of memory.

That right there tells you how much AOhell sucks.
It's just simply st*pid that you need a minimum xxxMB
of memory to be able to connect to your ISP.
That's bulls**t, I really don't understand how they
stay in business.

·
Registered
89 Posts
they stay in business because 3\4 of the people that get on aol are the people who really don't know what a megabyte is. the other 1\4 are people wishing they could switch, but really dont have the time. my dad never got around to cancelling, and was paying like 23.95 a month for something he never used (i used it, but it was so da*n slow, so i set up the connection to go through the broadband.

don't they have like 10 million customers?

·
Registered
139 Posts
A lot of people get AOL because the offer is always around for the trial offer, and no one ever can afford another ISP. But, then they do wind up subscribing to it anyway. Go figure!

Most people who get AOL are usually on their first PC and don't know squat about it. AOL discs are all over the place. They litter the landscape. People see their TV commercials and think AOHell is the bomb. They can chat with friends and family. They can send e-mail. They can find anything they want. They need all the handholding they can get! They get used to it like a crutch. Never mind that it is slow as all hell on most PCs, cluttered, opens you up to all sorts of viruses and hackers, especally considering that most people don't know what a firewall or antivirus is.

It's up to us to save our friends and families from AOL before it's too late! Compuserve is just as bad (if it's even still around since AOL swallowed them up). My sister thought she would have to reinstall Windows to get rid of Compuserve until I showed her how to do it with Norton Cleansweep. With Norton, I was able to remove every trace of Compuserve from her PC.

MSN ain't much better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.