Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I have been trying to install XP 64 bit on a partition on my laptop and half way through i get a blue screen: 0x0000007B inaccessible boot device and this is quite frustrating because i can install XP 32 bit successfully but not 64bit.

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,034 Posts
When you power on your computer, look for a message telling you which key to press to enter your BIOS Setup - usually Delete or F2. Go into setup and change the hard drive setup from SATA to something like Compatible Mode or IDE Mode. The description varies. After you get Windows installed you'll have to update all your chipset drivers then change the hard drive access mode back to SATA.

·
4,034 Posts
The only other options are: Create a floppy disc with the correct drivers for your laptop if it has a floppy drive. Or build an XP cd with the correct SATA drivers. You can use Nlite and add in the text mode, pre-installation driver from the laptop manufacturer's website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry man, but that is not working for me. do you have any other suggestions, other than with my Hard Drive config. because XP 32 bit did install but 64 bit did not.

·
4,034 Posts
Might be a dumb question, but this laptop does have 64 bit hardware, correct?

Is this a blank hard drive with no other operating system on it?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,619 Posts
Have you checked to see if you can obtain all necessary drivers? For 64 bit XP on a laptop that availability is rather doubtful. 64 bit XP was never very popular and driver availability is poor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.