Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just purchased a laptop. She utilizes outlook 2003 (XP Home) on her home PC and now wants to utilize the same or equivalent on the laptop. It appears that the equivalent is Microsoft Mail.

The Question: How do I move her .pst files to Vista?

I've done some research and all I can find is how to move Outlook Express to Mail. Nothing...I couldn't find anything on just plain Outlook.

I've tried to utilize the import function but it appears that Vista doesn't like .pst files (which leads me into a rant about MS and why they created something that doesn't play well w/it's own software...I digress! ;-)> )

Any guidance would be much appreciated....we all know the saying...a happy wife/mother is a happy house!!! :grin:

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
clarification - is it outlook express or outlook 2003 and was it part of office 2003?

something to consider, if you have office 2003 on your desktop and only your desktop, you should be able to install it on your laptop. find the eula on your desktop and check it out. This would make it easier to export/import

If you still want to use vista mail

1. Outlook must be installed on the computer that the .pst file is to be exported.
2. Individual messages from Outlook (.msg) cannot be dragged and dropped into WIndows Mail (or even Outlook Express on XP for that matter)
3. In Outlook on Windows XP export the PST to Outlook Express then import those into Windows Mail
4. Outlook Contacts will need to be exported as a Comma Separated Values text file for import into Windows Contacts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't even think about reloading 2003 onto Vista...I just presumed 2003 wasn't compatible!!! Duhh....I just overlooked the obvious! Thanks for the suggestions and the quick replies TriggerFinger and sobeit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.