Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

So my issue is Xbox live and the red bar lag that continues to stick with me whatever game i go on. This problem just suddenly hit me yesterday afternoon around 1.30pm and well, it hasn't gone away.

The problem is not my modem, as i have called up BT and checked about connection speeds and all of that. I have reset my modem too and checked that my other computer is picking up the wireless connection fast too. It is.

My xbox is only 6 metres away from my modem so that can't be the problem and it has been great for the last 10 months.

For example, when i am playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 my connection will be 3/4 green bars but will drop to 1 red bar "EVERY" 10 seconds for around 5 seconds causing "COMPLETE FREEZE" for a few seconds or major lag. Even when i view the killcam it shows my player actually freezing (whether it is in mid air or not).

The only problem i can think of is if my wireless adapater is playing up on my xbox. But if this was hapening, then i wouldn't even be able to connect to the internet properly over xbox.. right? Which i can.. Just it enjoys jumping to the red bar far too much to even make xbox live playable.

Please help,
I am seriously stuck here :sigh:

Thankyou,
Henry.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My suggestion would be to connect the 360 to your modem via ethernet if possible and see if your connection improves. Since you mention BT I'm going to assume that your in england? If you are able to go the ethernet route and it improves then it's either your modem which again I'm assuming that it also has wireless capability or your 360 wireless adapter might be going bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.