Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stepson is having audio problems when gaming with multiple friends. He can see them talking but has no audio. He has asked me to change my "NAT" setting on my Netgear wireless router. Does this sound like a valid solution? What are the consequences of changing it? And most important....how do I do this in detail?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a similar problem a while ago, and I managed to upgrade from a strict Nat to one which was open. I used port forwarding. Its pretty easy to do, and there are loads of pages out there with walkthroughs...but it depends on what router you have.

Once you find out the how to open ports on your router, the ports you are looking to open ( I think, but you can double check on wiki if you want) are TCP 80, UDP 88, TCP/UDP 3074, TCP/UDP 53.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also had a simular problem with my NAT i could conect to partys and friends, we had a BT-Homehub and upgraded it and had no problem, xbox live say their is no problem with reseting your NAT settings, i dont know for sure but my friend reset his and all he had to do after is reconect all the things in the house that used the internet back to the internet.
Im not sure about his phone line though :S

Hope i helped

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.