Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
network setup
roadrunner isp- motorola sb (dont know the model its white though and plain looking) modem- linksys wrt160n router- 50' cat5e ethernet cable- xbox 360 cod elite.

I tried with another router the Dlink dgl 4300 gamers lounge and had the SAME problem. I have no clue i have tried everything on the Dlink before i gave up. I reset the router completely, tried every setting like port forwarding, dmz, mac address filter, wirelessly bridged with my laptop, ICS or wired, everything failed. I tried creating a whole new network with the linksys, and still the xbox is the only device that disconnects out every half hour, my other 2 laptops and desktop run just fine. Idk if there is some renewal tool or what but its extremely frustrating. Help is appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you try to run a test from your xbox? Not at home right now, but if you go to your dashboard and go to system, then network settings there is a way to test your live connection. Might have to do with your NAT setting in your router and also make sure PPOE is on in the router.

Edit** Just remembered you might want to flash your firmware on your router if it's not current. I had to flash a linksys n router here at work for the same reason, would just drop connections on a regular basis. There was a firmware upgrade that fixed that problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are your computers wlan or ethernet?

At this point I would start with swapping out the components.

Try connecting the 360 directly into the modem, if it starts working fine then you know it's your router. If it doesn't then it's either your modem, cable, or 360.

Try a different port on your router.

Is the cable store bought or home made?
If its home made, try re-terminating the ends.
If it's ots (off the shelf), try swapping it for a known good one, maybe off one of your computers. Then take the one off the 360 and put it on the computer, see if the symptoms follow the cable.

Now if all of this still fails, you might want to contact time-warner and have them bring you a new modem. Sounds like your modem might also be used for Voip (TW phone service).

Post back once you've done this. Trouble shooting a faulty connection is never fun, it's even worse when it's sporadic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The desktop and the 360 is ethernet, 2 laptops wlan. Yes it is the router, i connected it directly into the modem and boom no problems. Store bought cable, tried 3 other cables and they all failed at the half hour. It is a VOIP modem too, i was gonna call them friday too see if they are doing something. My brother had his friends 360 over a couple months back AND NOTHING HAPPENED AT ALL! Again thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.