Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a swordfish xbox360 dvd remote-model number (vs2843) and my toddler has had it and has activated the sync or a similar function, the light flashes as if it is searching for a code to connect to the xbox360 similar to how a universal remote does, I have tried searching for swordfish's website for technical support with no luck and I have tried taking out the batteries and leaving it for a while with no success when i replace the batteries it resumes searching. If anyone has the original manual and can tell me how to correctly sync the remote i'd be very gratefull many thanks in advance :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have the exact same problem with this remote control straight out of the box. Did you manage to solve it? I really hope its not a feature of this remote as its going eat through the batteries!

Cheers

·
Registered
275 Posts
There is a connect button on the xbox 360 console. All you have to do to sync this is press the connect button on both the remote and the console. You should see the a green ring rotating and it will connect itself. The button is located to the right of the right memory stick holder.
For the exact location, copy and paste the link below.
http://support.xbox.com/global/supp...essories/Controllers/ConsoleConnectButton.JPG

·
Registered
192 Posts
^ Exactly. This is called "Pairing". When you press the sync button on both the controller and the xbox, the two are paired wirelessly. The wireless gaming controllers work the same way as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just got the same remote and had same problem, for me it was not a sync problem (there no sync button on remote), it was a setting in the xbox 360 dashboard. on the dashboard go to, my box, across to system setting and click A, click A on console setting, go down to remote contol and click A, then click A on xbox 360 media remote, and try your remote.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just got the same remote and had same problem, for me it was not a sync problem (there no sync button on remote), it was a setting in the xbox 360 dashboard. on the dashboard go to, my box, across to system setting and click A, click A on console setting, go down to remote contol and click A, then click A on xbox 360 media remote, and try your remote.

Thankyou that solved the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.