Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hooked up my XaserIII case fans today and when I turned the power on nothing happens. Some fans are hooked up in a chain and connected to fan2. I connected the ends of the chain to the power supply which is a Thermaltake 480 silent purepower. Now, I did not have power connected to the mobo because I am just setting the computer up. I have a case open switch which was open, but I held it closed when I powered the unit on. Are these swithched on automatically by the thermostat?

·
Registered
40 Posts
no, they should come on automatically when u power on the computer. make sure that u dont have any open connections on ur daisy chain, maybe u skipped something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xaser case fans

each fan has two cennections, a male and a female end. At the beginning of the chain I connected the connection to the power supply, and the other end to the other fan unit and so on. So at the end of the chain I have one open connection? Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
u leave the end open. it should work than. But u also need to have the power supply connected to the motherboard in order for it work. The motherboard is what turns on the power supply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.