Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Design Team
2,274 Posts
Goldberg, welcome to TSF. Please only create one thread per question. There's a great staff here, and I'm sure you'll get an answer.
If you've got the time, check out the forum rules
-Six

·
TSF Team Emeritus
337 Posts
Hi Goldberg,

Like many here I tend to write sites in raw code, but this one..

http://www.bluevoda.com/

seems to do pretty much everything. I had a play with it for a few minutes the other day, before downloading it for someone else. It's free so it can't hurt to give it ago.

Cheers

Liam

·
2,274 Posts
Chevy said:
Another that I have used is NVU (www.nvu.com) ... Open source, easy to use.
I haven't tried it out yet, but a friend recently told me to give NVU a look, said he's been happy with it.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Goldberg, you should know that WYSIWYG is a very misleading label for software like this- there will always be slight differences from browser to browser and operating system to operating system.

·
2,274 Posts
Fox said:
Goldberg, you should know that WYSIWYG is a very misleading label for software like this- there will always be slight differences from browser to browser and operating system to operating system.
I forget exactly what they are, but the Dreamweaver book that I use (The Missing Manual) throws a couple extra letters into the WYSIWYG acronym for a more accurate description... they are much needed.

·
2,274 Posts
From page 15:
"Besides, no Web-design program is really WYSIWYG – what you see is what you get. Because every browser interprets the HTML language slightly differently, Web design is more like WYSIRWYGOAGD: what you see is roughly what you'll get, on a good day."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.